Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Writing Anthology.

When my nephew came down from Hamilton.

In January my brother Raymond, his wife Dana and his son Ezrah came down for a wedding one of my brother’s friends’ wedding. We stayed up late watching a horror movie that wasn’t very scary, and then went to bed at 1am.

The next day (while my brother and his wife were at the wedding) my two sisters, my nephew and I went to the Freyberg pools for a swim. Ezrah kept stealing the other babies’ boards and then would chuck it back at them and then he would say “Naughty baby’s aye”. We stayed at the pools until my body was looking like a prune (around 3 hours) but Ezrah didn’t want to get out. So my sister asked him if he wanted a happy meal and smiled he said “We get out now and get a happy meal aye”. So we got him a happy meal but I had to wait till we got home to eat something. But Ezrah was to full to finish off his cheeseburger so he gave it the rest to me. It was less than a mouthful but I was so hungry it was probably the best cheeseburger I have ever eaten.

After two hours of watching T.V we realised that it was dinner time. So my mum got pizza and fizzy and she got me and Ezrah one mini Toblerone each. After I had finished eating I felt like I was going to vomit because I had eaten so much.

The next day my brother left at about noon and my other brother went with them to live up there with them. It was quite unexpected and random. I was pretty sad but he left me heaps of stuff and he wouldn’t be around to get on my nerves so I wasn’t that sad. Plus he wouldn’t be there to annoy me anymore, but it would be pretty boring at home without him.

2 comments:

  1. Nice story dylan but I think you could do better with your full stops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story!! It was awesome how you used brackets and speech bubbles. Next time you should work on keeping your opening line short and simple while hooking the reader in.

    ReplyDelete